Hamburg Süd would like to inform you about the revision of our Bunker Adjustment Factor (BAF) Surcharge for Q1 2021.
We have used Bunkerworld’s fuel price index for 0.5% Sulphur fuel oil (VLSFO) for the BAF calculation and the average bunker price used is 323,87 USD/TON.* The details on the period and reference ports used for the calculation can be found in the table below.
*Intra-Europe BAF based only on ROT index
| Fuel type || Period || ROT || SIN || PAN || Average
| VLSFO || 26 AUG'20 - 25 NOV'20 || 307,34 || 335,82 || 328,45 || 323,87
Effective 1st January 2021, the Bunker Adjustment Factor (BAF) Surcharge will be as follows: Please click here (PDF, 273 KB)
for further information.
In addition to BAF, further price elements may apply:
- Base Rate, please click here
- Security related charges and surcharges – respectively applicable at the Port of Origin and the Port of Destination –, please click here
- Terminal Handling Charges – respectively applicable at the Port of Origin and the Port of Destination –, please click here
- Additional charges and surcharges reflecting foreseeable high demand (such as Peak Season Surcharges), please click here
- all other applicable surcharges, such as local charges and contingency charges, valid at the time of shipment
Above rates are applicable for all cargo on board vessels with ETD 1st January 2021 onwards (based on Pro forma date of departure) and until further notice. Please contact your local Hamburg Süd office should you require more information.
With kind regards,